#WePH – Thursday 26th May 2016 8pm
There are 850,000 people with dementia in the UK, with numbers set to rise to over 1 million by 2025. This will soar to 2 million by 2051.
1 in 6 people over the age of 80 have dementia.
Many of these people, and many more yet to be diagnosed, will be living in the communities you serve.
This twitter chat has been set up to discuss how pharmacy teams can be more dementia friendly in order to support the growing numbers of people with dementia, their carers and families to live in the community for as long as possible.
We know that there are lots of pharmacy teams doing great work in this area across the UK. This chat gives you a chance to share your successes, learn from others and change practice.
Join us at 8pm on Thursday 26th May to discuss the follow (& more!):
1. Can community pharmacists can be the “dementia expert” on the high street?
2. What do you see as the key steps to making your pharmacy service dementia friendly? What do you need to change your practice?
3. What support do you need locally to deliver dementia friendly services?
4. Are there any resources have you found helpful on your dementia friendly journey?
5. Do you have any tips for optimising pharmaceutical care for people with dementia?
6. Who do you think are your key contacts in the wider team when creating a dementia friendly environment?
7. How do you get Health and Social care partnerships or CCGs interested in dementia friendly work?
For more chats hosted by @WePharmacists click on the link below;