THE Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS) is Scotland is running a Pharmacy Quality Roadshow on November 28.
The workshop, which is in collaboration with NHS Scotland, the Scottish Government, NHS Education for Scotland (NES), Community Pharmacy Scotland (CPS), Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS) and the ALLIANCE and will complement the e-learning modules that need to be completed as part of the community pharmacy quality improvement (QI) activities outlined in the recent government circular.
After participating in this interactive workshop you will be able to:
1. Describe the need for quality improvement and the opportunities the Rebalancing Programme and Safety Climate Survey provide.
2. Describe the importance and benefits of a safety culture as a driver for improvement in professional practice and patient care.
3. Describe the impact of dispensing errors and the benefits of learning from all errors and near misses.
4. Identify ways to increase reporting, learning and sharing by pharmacy teams.
5. Use the safety climate survey and quality improvement tools to develop safe systems that prevent/reduce the risks of re-occurrence of dispensing errors.
The free workshop is for community and hospital pharmacy teams and is open to all staff.
For more information about the QI activities, see the CPS guide.