THE Royal Pharmaceutical Society Scottish National Seminar 2017, Pharmacy for the future – building on strong foundations, is now open for registration.
The seminar will take place on Saturday, September 30 and Sunday, October 1, 2017 at the Stirling Court Hotel.
The aims are to:
- Develop the profession — a pharmacy foundation essential skills boot camp will be delivered by Pharmacy Management. It will help develop key management skills, and include: assertiveness; dealing with conflict; professional decision-making and autonomy; and how to build effective therapeutic relationships with your patients, health and social care professionals.
- The boot camp is only to RPS members and is capped at 30 delegates.
- Get ready for revalidation — the Saturday afternoon is aimed at pharmacists from all sectors, and will examine how delegates can ensure they are ready for GPhC revalidation. It will enable delegates to engage with the RPS Faculty, research and mentoring.
- Make best practice common practice (quality and effectiveness in every interaction) — Sunday’s plenary session and workshops will focus on improving health literacy and the provision of person-centred, safe and effective pharmacy services. The workshops may include:
- Delivering quality in pharmaceutical care, focusing on acute and chronic pain, opioid analgesic dependence and mental health.
- Innovation and practice development update (world café) on the Inverclyde pilot, minor illness & independent prescribing, and NHS Scotland e-health update.
- Exploring how we can work together in partnership to reduce hospital admissions and improve transitions of care.
- Pharmaceutical care and reablement – building the pharmacy contribution to health and social care integration, one person at a time.
Satellite session will run in lunch breaks on topics such as Prescription for Excellence Automation pilots, social media and professional identity, as well as the RPS research toolkit.
There will also be an opportunity to submit abstracts and posters highlighting audit, research, quality improvement or case study work — these will be featured in a sharing zone. Download the application form here.