As you work through the dilemma you may want to consider the GPhC standards for pharmacy professionals.
All pharmacy professionals contribute to delivering and improving the health, safety and wellbeing of patients and the public. Professionalism and safe and effective practice are central to that role.
Pharmacy professionals MUST:
- Provide person-centred care.
- Work in partnership with others.
- Communicate effectively.
- Maintain, develop and use their professional knowledge and skills.
- Use professional judgement.
- Behave in a professional manner.
- Respect and maintain the person’s confidentiality and privacy.
- Speak up when they have concerns or when things go wrong.
- Demonstrate leadership.