The recruitment campaign is seeking candidates from all sections of the community across Great Britain who can bring a wide range of knowledge, skills and experience to the Council.
The GPhC is particularly seeking candidates with the following experience:
- significant NHS management or leadership experience
- experience of working as a pharmacy technician
- experience of technology developments in healthcare
- patient or carer experience, or experience of representing the views of patients or carers
- experience of pharmacy education development or delivery
- community pharmacy experience
Commenting on the recruitment of the new council members, Nigel Clarke, Chair of the GPhC said:
“This is an exciting time to join the GPhC Council. We have an ambitious programme of work ahead at this time of change for pharmacy, and as a Council we have an important strategic governance and assurance role to play. We want to hear from people from a wide range of backgrounds and roles who may be interested in taking on this fantastic opportunity and sharing their knowledge, skills and experience to help us assure and improve standards of care for people using pharmacy services.
“I want to take the opportunity to thank our five outgoing council members for their hard work and for ensuring that as a regulator we continue to make a positive contribution to patient safety.”
Applications will open on Monday 17 September 2018 and close at 12.00 pm on Monday 15 October. Successful applicants will take up their post on 1 April 2019.
The GPhC is working with an external recruitment agency, Saxton Bampfylde, and more can be found on the website.