Hello fellow pharmacists and welcome to the tenth article in the 5W2 series, Five Ways to Create Successful Outcomes.
This 5W2 series is a selection of short articles on strategies and techniques to support our emotional development within our professional roles. Previous articles are as follows:
- Introduction to the “5W2” series.
- Five Ways to Manage Stress.
- Five Ways to Use Mindfulness.
- Five Ways to Self Coach.
- Five Ways to Maintain your Energy Levels.
- Five Ways to be more Resilient.
- Five Ways to Deal with Bullying.
- Five Ways to Manage your State of Mind.
- Five Ways to Enhance your Communication.
If anyone would like to read any of the above articles please click on the following link which will take you to the articles page on my website here.
I think most of us would agree that experiencing successful outcomes in our personal and professional life is good for our self-esteem, our confidence and for those, we interact with. This article will focus on practical preparation strategies that allow us to invest our time wisely to create the most successful outcomes in our professional lives.
“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe” Abraham Lincoln
On most occasions creating successful outcomes is achieved by making the choice to focus on our “circle of influence” (the things we can make a direct impact on) rather than our “circle of concern” (the things we have no direct impact on).
Here are 5 practical preparation strategies to allow you to have a direct impact on the success of your outcomes.
- Model Building
- Overcoming “Overwhelmedness”
- Managing Risks and Creating Contingencies
- The GROW Model
- “Be do be do be”