The stories we tell ourselves i.e our self-talk create our thoughts, our beliefs, our attitudes and ultimately our behaviours.
“The way we choose to communicate with ourselves and others ultimately determine the quality of our life.” Tony Robbins
It’s all just words but words can be so powerful. In her book “THINK HAPPY” Karen Salmansohn describes words as having weight as they can drag you down, words as having height as they can lift you up and words having length as they can last a lifetime.
Our words can inspire confidence in ourselves or completely obliterate it so we need to choose the stories we tell ourselves wisely.
Every story starts with an opening line so try these for size to help create a more confident version of yourself:
- “ I am learning to be more confident because I…”
- “ I am working towards being more confident by…”
- “ I see the benefits of being more confident as…”
- “ I am getting better at demonstrating confidence because I…”
- “ Today I will motivate myself to show my confidence when I…”
- “ Just for today, I will be more confident.”