This module is designed to support pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and other healthcare professionals to understand the various important aspects of the use of hypotensive drugs in the eye.
Before completing this CPD activity consider your current knowledge in relation to antibiotics used in the eyes.
- Understand the different types of Glaucoma.
- Learn about the different drugs used to reduce intraocular pressure.
- Find out about the prescribing advice, including potential side effects of beta blockers eye drops.
- Learn about prostaglandin analogues.
- Learn about the prescribing considerations for alpha agonists.
- Gain an understanding of carbonic anhydrase inhibitors.
Andrew D Price FBDO(HONS)CL, COA(USA) is managing director of the ADP Consultancy and developer of the eye drop database A clinician seeing patients in contact lens and ocular surface clinics, he conducts clinical trials, is an educator and author. He is a member of the ABDO National Clinical Committee, and a consultant to Thea Pharmaceuticals.
The content has been reproduced with permission from both Andrew and also the publication Dispensing Optics.