Ewan Maule is Head of Medicines Optimisation at Sunderland Clinical Commissioning Group and has also recently been elected as the Vice President of the Guild of Healthcare Pharmacists.
We had a great conversation about how pharmacy is changing rapidly in the UK at the moment. The topics covered and questions I asked are outlined below. We hope you enjoy this episode as much as we enjoyed creating it.
- Would you rather be head of Pharmaceutical Care in your CCG rather than Head of Medicines Optimisation?
- How has your career progressed since your undergraduate years?
- What are the big projects you are involved in at the moment and how do primary care networks impact on this work?
- What are primary care networks a reinvention of?
- Where does the power sit in these new primary care networks?
- What are the potential unintended consequences of the rush to be involved in primary care networks?
- Has the clinical ability and competence of pharmacists been oversold to primary care teams as they make the move from community pharmacy?
- What is the role of our professional in supporting the development of pharmacists?
- How does a commissioning role differ from a face to face practice role?
- What does the rise in membership of pharmacy trade unions say about the state of our profession?
- Who are the target audience of the Guild of Healthcare Pharmacists?
- Why should pharmacists join the Guild of Healthcare Pharmacists?
- What is your advice to pharmacists who have recently joined the GPhC register?
If you prefer to never miss an episode you can subscribe on your preferred podcast platform. Just click on the links below to get going.