Francesca Aaen is a pharmacist consultant and runs her consultancy called Aaen Care. Aaen Care delivers medicines and healthcare-related training, consultancy and advice to both private and public sector providers of health and social care services across the UK.
Francesca has over the years had a number of NHS roles in care services and also throughout the NHS. She is also a member of the Pharmacy in Practice Editorial Board. In this podcast I asked her the following questions:
- Why did you start your own business?
- You live in Andorra. Do you enjoy running your business from there and do you get home often?
- What was it like to write your first prescriptions?
- What was your experience of working within dementia services?
- What are your views on the rush for everyone to work in general practice?
- What aspect of being an independent prescriber do you think pharmacists will struggle most with?
- Do you think the pharmacists training and supervising pharmacists should be working in practice themselves?
- How did you discover an interest in coaching?
- What is your advice to pharmacists joining the register?
- What does 2020 have in store for you?
If you prefer to never miss an episode you can subscribe on your preferred podcast platform. Just click on the links below to get going.